Sunday, February 5, 2012

Tasting: Frosty Dog




Name: Frosty Dog
Variety:
Region: Virginia
Country: USA
Year: 2010
Price: $18.99

Winery Review: Freezing resulted in a concentrated, aromatic juice, which when fermented became this sumptuous, complex dessert wine.  Aromas of apples, citrus, and orange blossoms are accentuated by lively acidity.   The lingering finish drips with honey, pear, and subtle mango flavors.  This delightful wine is a great dessert by itself, and can also be served as an aperitif. 

My Review: This was my first ice wine. It was very interesting. The first sip I forgot to warm it up and it was like taking a shot of sugar water. It almost burned because it was so sweet. After warming it up in my mouth, it opened up the flavor a bit and I could taste pear and a sort of flowery taste. It was definitely an experience to try and I appreciate the effort that goes into making ice wine. It is hard to drink though.

No comments:

Post a Comment