Friday, February 10, 2012

Tasting: Moscato


Moscato: Far right



Name: Opera Prima Moscato
Variety: 100% Moscato
Region: Castilla
Country: Spain
Year: None given
Price: $5.95

 Winery Review: This amazing value for an inexpensive Moscato sparkler that is great from many occasions. Its bright fruit aromas of lychee and lime are appealing and the flavors of honeydew, lime and lychee are delightful. Great for cake or fruit based deserts.  

My Review: The first thing I noted was that this was a sparking wine. It smelled of flowers to me. The first thing that hits you with the taste is the large amount of bubbles in this wine. I believe this is because it was not chilled, but I am not completely sure. The main tastes that I got were flowers and lychee fruit. The flower smell made the taste come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment